Coronis’ professional VOB staff works when you work, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Coronis Health VOB system is the fastest, easiest way for you to get benefits verification on your potential patient.
Introduction to VOB (Verification of Benefits)
Coronis Health’s VOB (Verification of Benefits) service provides your admission staff with the fastest, easiest way to obtain a VOB on potential patients. Coronis’ VOB process is tailored for your staff with an easy initiation of request for your staff through:
- KIPU® SYSTEMS EMR: Coronis’ electronic portal is connected to the KIPU® EMR system in case your staff wishes to request the VOB through KIPU. We also support the photo upload feature in KIPU.
- MOBILE DEVICE: Coronis’ electronic portal is fully optimized for mobile devices. Your staff can initiate a VOB request right on their tablet or smartphone, and even take a photo of the insurance card for immediate uploading to the Coronis electronic VOB portal.
- DESKTOP/LAPTOP PORTAL: Coronis’ electronic portal accepts requests from admissions, marketing, customer service, or other staff members directly inside the Coronis electronic portal, again with the ability to photograph or scan the insurance card, if available.
The old saying “Time is Money” rings true in handling your VOB requests. That’s why our cycle time is fine-tuned to get you the fastest possible VOB that you can act on.
How It Works
- Have it your way. You choose how to initiate a VOB request — and when. Sunday evening? No problem. Saturday morning? That’ll work. We’ve got electronic “after hours” VOB systems.
- We work with KIPU EMR through their VOB system connected to our electronic portal.
- Use our electronic portal directly from your laptop or desktop computer via our web app or through our mobile-optimized portal on your tablet or smartphone.
- Once your request is submitted, it is routed to one of our professional VOB agents, with preference given to the same agent being favored for insurance companies. This way, the same person is always speaking to the same companies, developing a greater understanding of how each company operates.
- Our VOB manager watches your request on our electronic dashboard as it speeds through the process, with red flags or tickle reminders if your request remains in the process for too long, ensuring you the fastest possible response.
Coronis’ professional VOB staff takes it from there, and we work when you work, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So if you require an “after hours” VOB, we’re there with an immediate electronic VOB until the morning when we can call the insurance company for human confirmation. All in all, the Coronis Health VOB system is the fastest, easiest way for you to get benefits verification on your potential patient.
- Our system and management distributes VOB calls to the same agent/insurance company whenever possible, ensuring that each agent learns and understands a company’s policies the best.
- With our 24/7 VOB accessibility, you’ll get immediate, attentive responses through our electronic system with human confirmation as soon as the call centers open for business in the morning.
Four Ways to Initiate a Request
- KIPU VOB system, connected to our electronic portal
- Coronis electronic portal
- Coronis mobile-optimized portal for tablets and smartphones
- Old-fashioned phone calls and faxed communication
We advise you when policy is Paid to Patient, so that you can obtain the proper paperwork to ensure you are paid, such as guarantees or promissory notes. In this case, all required guarantees, promissory notes, and other documents are conveniently available in our electronic portal or in the KIPU EMR.
How About A FREE Consultation?
Let us review your current VOB Authorization, Billing, Collection, and Utilization Review Diagram at no cost to you. We’ll come back with a specific report tailored to you with recommendations, good, bad, or ugly.