Coronis Health, Primary & Specialty Physician
The range of services provided by the typical cardiology practice can make the medical billing and coding process especially complicated and time consuming.
At Coronis Health, we specialize in creating individualized cardiology medical billing services and practice management solutions designed to take our clients’ unique needs into account, in order to maximize revenue and reduce or eliminate the administrative costs associated with maintaining a billing department in-house.
While it may seem like in-house billing keeps all your departments under one roof, it can actually cost your facility time and money that may be better spent providing high-quality patient care. Partnering with a third-party medical billing company minimizes your administrative functions and allows you to offer better assistance elsewhere. While you care for your patients, third-party medical billing companies ensure the back end of your facility is properly managed.
With industry-leading technology, such as coding and billing software, and personalized service, Coronis Health’s Primary and Specialty Physician Service Group can help cardiology practices succeed and hit financial goals. Our medical coders and billers understand how important it is to provide timely, accurate cardiology medical billing services. Not only do we take over all medical coding and billing responsibilities, we regularly perform audits to make sure your facility never loses out on merited revenue.
We have more than 30 years of experience in providing cardiology billing services so that our clients are free to focus their time, energy, and practice resources on patient care.
Get in touch with Coronis Health to learn more and schedule an appointment today for a free financial health checkup.
Challenges in Cardiology Billing
Cardiology practices are no strangers to auditing. Every cardiology practice has a multitude of different factors and units for billing, such as accurate medical coding. Cardiology encompasses a wide array of medical services that makes it necessary for professionals who practice cardiology to document each and every billable procedure or interaction with the patient.
Cardiology billing is inclusive of all practices related to cardiology, including procedural and diagnostic services. Proper documentation of all the procedures performed and diagnostic services attended to is required to create accurate cardiology billing and coding. Accurate documentation requires a working knowledge of cardiology coding, multiple procedure rules, coding rules, and compliance standards.
How to Improve Improve Cardiology Billing on the Front End
Proper cardiology medical billing starts with correct documentation for accurate coding. There are many steps your facility can take to ensure the front end of your facility prevents claim denials on the back end, including:
- Gather and verify all insurance information when scheduling patients.
- Include diagnostic testing if a patient requires a referral.
- Review payer guidelines for all services that require a precert or authorization.
- Confirm all authorizations, precerts, and referrals prior to a patient’s appointment.
Every department in your facility has a responsibility to make sure every documentation process runs smoothly for clean claims and proper revenue cycle management.
Experts in Cardiology Coding
Claim denials most commonly stem from inaccurate medical coding, including missing modifiers, incomplete CPT codes or combination codes, and cardiology coding that doesn’t follow local coverage determination (LCD) guidelines.
With constantly changing guidelines, missing or inaccurate modifiers is one of the most common mistakes in the medical coding process. Missing modifiers directly impact your revenue cycle management process.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to minimize mistakes in your medical codes:
- Hire experienced medical coders and billers to review the modifiers in all your medical codes.
- Invest in a third-party medical billing company to perform regular audits on your medical codes, which ensures you’re using the proper modifiers and checks to prevent over-coding and under-coding.
As one of the leading medical billing companies in the U.S., Coronis Health understands that high-quality cardiology billing services start with accurate coding. Inaccurate coding stalls the entire cardiology medical billing process.
Our medical coders are experts in cardiology coding. We understand the subtle differences between specific cardiology codes for various congenital and noncongenital heart conditions, modifiers, and diagnostic centers and services, such as ansar testing.
How can Coronis increase revenue and reduce costs for your cardiology practice?
- Rapid and accurate methods to submit claims and follow up. All claims are submitted electronically within 48 hours of receipt.
- Modern cloud-based cardiology billing and coding services, including coding and billing software.
- Secure, HIPAA-compliant document management system set up.
- Customizable “super bill” designed specifically for cardiology providers.
- Professional and experienced dedicated physician insurance account executives.
- Round-the-clock online access to patient records, files, and claims forms.
- Monitoring and advocacy on managed-care contracts and fee schedules.
- Regular monitoring of expected reimbursement to realized receipts.
- Appeals for all underpayments and/or claims denials.
Inaccurate cardiology billing and coding may lead to a steep shrinkage of revenue returns. After all, every insurance company has different regulations and payer requirements that can impact cardiology billing and coding, even with high-quality billing software. Coronis Health will be able to walk you through the effective and appropriate ways to document all cardiology procedures.
For a free financial health checkup, contact Coronis Health today.