Coronis Health, Laboratory & Pathology
From chart audits to the review of your billing and collections data, we can provide a specific, tailored recommendation and report.
Our Pathology & Laboratory Consulting Services
Coronis offers the following consulting services:
- Revenue cycle assessment (front-end to back-end operations)
- Revenue cycle optimization (billing, staffing, workflow)
- Revenue cycle design services (system optimization, technical review)
- Quality/productivity program design
- Full-service EBO consulting
- Self-pay consulting projects
- Insurance consulting projects
- System conversion/optimization
Benefits of a Laboratory Billing Consulting
For many laboratories, billing consulting is an effective way to achieve the required deep analysis that will aid in preserving and growing their financial resources. Consulting with an experienced partner, however, gives you a more thorough approach that goes beyond just producing financial reports or adding new software. Specifically, laboratory billing consulting provides benefits such as:
- No more billing errors – Advanced billing software will reduce or eliminate your chances of encountering billing errors that result in delayed payments. Accurate billing will also improve your data for analysis.
- Automated verification process – Improper verification frequently results in claims denial. Billing consulting can help improve your accuracy and save time on procedures that are better managed by an automated system. More importantly, you won’t need to invest resources in keeping your staff up to date on coding practices.
- Increased efficiency – The ability to automate tasks results in quicker processing and payment. Instead of waiting months to process a typical paper claim, a digital system that flawlessly files claims prepared by a skilled coder can be completed in a matter of days.
Of course, one of the biggest advantages of billing consulting is reducing your lab’s operating costs and improving your cash flow. Billing can take a toll on many labs, and expert billers and consultants should be able to help you explore the best pathology laboratory solutions to get the payments you need. Below are tips on how to boost your lab’s revenue:
- Consistently provide knowledge – It’s all about sharing the right information. By including more relevant information on a lab results sheet, you can provide more accurate medical care. Being thorough with information ranging from statistics to treatment options and an in-depth analysis of results serves as an effective means to assist any medical professional, contributing to fewer errors that could affect revenue.
- Make information more meaningful – By translating data into more practical information, the better the patient understands what exactly he or she is paying for and the timelier the payments will be made. Laboratory jargon on the bill can be too technical, so be sure to use laymen’s terms on bills and datasheets to make it more readable for your patients.
- Capitalize on personalized service – Patients and medical practitioners are integral elements of the laboratory process. Show them they are valuable to you by personalizing services for them. This not only establishes trust and loyalty but will also help increase your revenue over time as you continue to achieve patient satisfaction and solidify your positive reputation in the community.
- Optimize your systems and processes – Smooth, streamlined processes will provide a more organized system that results in timely test results and better technician productivity.
By focusing on these pathology laboratory solutions, you will surely notice a steady rise in your lab’s revenue.
Focus on Healthcare
With the help of billing consulting, you get to optimize your system, and this means more time to focus on what matters most –your patients. The more time you spend focusing on healthcare and your patients, the quicker you can provide the best treatment or resolve patient issues. And by providing top-quality patient care, the more reputable and trustworthy your lab becomes as patients will remember your level of care and will more likely pay in a timely manner.
Why Choose Coronis Laboratory and Pathology for Your Pathology Lab Consulting
At Coronis Health, we understand how running a business is incredibly challenging. We know it can be difficult to take a step back and determine what’s not working when you’re in the middle of it. Coronis Health offers consulting services, and with certified coders and experienced consultants being intricately involved with each client, we can help those looking to improve their RCM, reduce overhead, and up collections.
While growth is great, scaling your revenue cycle to accommodate the growth is challenging. Healthcare organizations learn very quickly that what’s worked in the past may not continue to work once they grow. Evaluating your laboratory’s entire revenue cycle operations and practice management is the key to success.
With more than 30 years of experience in practice and revenue cycle management, Coronis Health is ready to assist in evaluating your processes and workflows. Our financial consultants will provide you with an outside perspective with insider expertise, providing healthcare practice consulting to evaluate billing, reimbursement, and compliance operations at all levels. Our consultants can deliver solutions that help you maximize your revenue cycle and optimize efficiencies to reduce costs while increasing the value and capabilities of your billing function.
If you have concerns around your laboratory’s revenue cycle or future, contact Coronis to learn more about our world-class consulting services and how you can discover the best path forward for your laboratory.