Coronis Health, Laboratory & Pathology
Pathology is a critical element of the health care system that focuses on identifying the cause of disease by carefully examining bodily fluids, organs, and tissues. Despite its importance in the medical field, pathology is a notoriously difficult specialty to manage in medical billing. Managing both professional and technical services in a systematic manner is essential for proper billing.
Coronis Health understands the the complexities involved in pathology billing. With decades of lab management and lab billing experience, Coronis pairs top talent with advanced technology and high-touch service to deliver comprehensive billing and RCM solutions to our pathology clients.
Pathology Billing Challenges
- Multiple different types of Pathology: Molecular Pathology (MoPath), Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Liquid Biopsy etc.
- Physician Fee Schedule: This 2013 rule reduced reimbursement for pathology facilities by cutting the technical component of CPT code 88305.
- Coding Changes: All MoPath codes were changed in 2013, throwing a wrench into traditional reimbursement processes.
- Lack of Out-of-Network (OON) Benefits: The shift away from OON benefits with the rise of HMO plans significantly cut a once-healthy revenue stream for pathology facilities.
Why Coronis Laboratory and Pathology
- Focused coding and reimbursement knowledge for the pathology space, combined with highly efficient and scalable workflows to ensure effectiveness
- Unlike other types of labs, pathology coding is not standardized. That’s why it’s critical to partner with an RCM company that understands the unique codes under pathology billing.
- Professional, Technical, and Clinical know-how and expertise
- Highly configurable proprietary technology to manage split or global billing based on various scenarios as required by the lab
- MoPath specialty to intercept potential coding and billing challenges
Coronis Health is the only company with the specialized pathology experienced, top-tier talent, and proprietary technology to maximize your reimbursement.
Still have questions? Schedule a free financial health audit with our billing experts. We find missing revenue in 95% of cases and are confident that we can optimize your revenue cycle.