Coronis Health, Emergency Medical Services
With extensive experience providing coding services to EMS, our team of certified coders will help you get your coding right the first time.
Coronis Health’s Coding Services provide temporary, long term, or complete coding department outsourcing solutions for all account types and reimbursement methodologies. We offer flexible remote coding solutions specifically designed to fit your needs and your budget. Our expertly trained credentialed coders have vast experience with inpatient, outpatient, clinic, and professional fee coding.
Our professional coding services feature:
- Credentialed coders
- Adherence to facility-specific coding policies and procedures
- Extensive corporate coding quality and compliance program
- Secure coding by direct access or your IT system or on a secure ASP
- Dedicated project manager
- Direct access to the coding services management team to define operational service level expectations
With 100+ years of combined experience in coding and a high-touch philosophy for our clients, you can rest assured we will provide you with all the support you need to optimize your billing process for maximum efficiency.
Our certified coders will review every claim before it goes out the door to be in compliance with medical billing guidelines, maximize claim reimbursements, and reduce denials.
Medicare Compliance Training
Coronis Health provides Medicare compliance training to all clients’ administrative and field personnel. This includes medical necessity, documentation, HIPAA, ABN (Advanced Beneficiary Notification) requirements, and OIG (Office of Inspector General) compliance to help your staff remain compliant.
RAC Audit Services
The Coronis Health team uses a multilayered service to identify potential exposure to repayment liabilities under Medicare’s Recovery Audit ContRACtor Program. Our strategy involves:
- Provider coding – Starts with a strong comprehensive field data capture system focused on strict Medicare guidelines.
- Past Claims – Identify potentially vulnerable areas by reviewing past claim submissions as well as reviewing medical necessity compliance during the pre-bill and data input process.
- Coronis supplies continuous on-site Medicare manual, Medical necessity, HIPAA, and advanced beneficiary notification ABN to 9-1-1 field EMT and paramedic staff.
We can conduct a comprehensive Medicare RAC review simulation of ambulance claims and medical records to identify potential issues as identified by the current RAC efforts. During the RAC demonstration period, recoupments fall into the following three main categories:
- 50% of claims are denied due to improper coding
- 33% of claims are denied for failure to meet medical necessity, or because procedures were performed in the wrong setting, lacked administrative criteria, or the hospital failed to provide proper documentation of the medical reasoning
- 10% of denied claims were the result of hospitals not responding within the required 45-day period with the appropriate documentation