Coronis Health, Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Service Medical Billing
We provide unparalleled efficiency to our customers when it comes to electronic medical billing and claims follow-up.
Coronis Health has extensive experience in the industry, specializing in the reimbursement and billing arena. Our team is made up of certified coders and industry veterans with expertise in cutting-edge billing technology so that you can be confident in knowing that your business is in the best of hands.
Our third-party billing services include:
- Electronic & Paper Claims Processing
- Patient Statement Processing And Mailing (Electronic & Manual)
- Insurance Follow-Up And Soft Collection Services
- Post Patient And Insurance Payments
- Provide Secondary And Tertiary Insurance Billing
What is EMS?
Emergency medical services (or EMS) is an integral part of healthcare, public health, and public safety. Anywhere in the country, EMS provides 24/7 patient care in the form of first-line medical or emergency care for sick and injured people at the scene, whether in the person’s home or at an accident site, and while they are being transported to the hospital for care. EMS services are covered by highly complex and integrated systems with multiple components, including dispatch, first responders, ambulance agencies, fire departments, and hospitals that function cohesively in providing emergency care, which may include assessment, treatment, and transport by ground ambulance or air medical services.
Types of EMS We Can Help
EMS agency types and services can be divided into the following three main groups:
- EMS agencies responding to 911-based emergencies with or without transport
- EMS agencies that provide scheduled medical transport (often referred to as non-emergent transport)
- EMS agencies known as specialty care transport that provide interfacility transport from one healthcare facility to another.
EMS personnel include emergency medical responders (EMRs), emergency medical technicians (EMTs), advanced EMTs (AEMTs), paramedics, mobile intensive care nurses, and EMS medical directors.
The EMS Medical Billing Process
Given the unique challenges of EMS, billing for these services is different from other healthcare industries, including hospital billing. EMS billing requires a billing expert who can ensure each step is executed and managed correctly. For a smooth EMS billing process, the following factors must be handled meticulously and efficiently:
- A pre-billing system that includes an insurance verification process to ensure claims are submitted accurately
- Proper coding that identifies the EMS services provided, ensuring timely reimbursement for services rendered
- An efficient billing procedure that leads to rapid turnaround time on claims, denials and appeals, and payer requests
- An efficient collection process that ensures consistent follow-up on patient A/R and includes aging cycles that meet your EMS agency’s needs
- An efficient payer contracting process that contributes to your EMS agency’s financial stability
- A reliable provider enrollment service that effectively reduces the time and frustration that often accompanies application completion
- Advanced data analytics that support the management and development of an efficient EMS billing workflow and tracking system that offers insight you can learn from
- Focused management of your EMS billing practices through a dedicated team of expert EMS billers
- Consistent compliance efforts to stay up-to-date on the latest local and federal regulations
Understanding the relevance of each of these EMS medical billing processes can help improve efficiency and avoid delays in your billing processes. Coronis Health offers a full spectrum of services, which will result in maximized reimbursements, healthy cash flow, and increased revenue.
What’s the Coronis Advantage in the EMS Medical Billing Space?
- 28 years of ambulance provider experience
- Expertise and long personal history working with insurance company leaders to improve your collections and decrease poor reimbursement
- Custom claims management system
- Personalized Revenue Recovery Program
- Customized, detailed, and transparent financial reports
Full List of Coronis Health Professional Billing Service Features
- Comprehensive medical billing, coding, and collection services
- Credit balances processing
- Patient payment posting
- Charge entry
- A/R management and follow-up
- Credentialing and enrollment of providers
- Insurance verification
- Denial management
- Customizable Reporting
EMS billing is a critical component of healthcare and the revenue cycle, but it can be tedious and time-consuming, taking up precious time that could be better spent caring for patients. To ensure efficient billing, you will not only need in-depth knowledge of medical billing codes but also time for handling multiple interactions between billers, insurance companies, and healthcare providers. With Coronis Health as your partner, you can free yourself from the burden of dealing with the cost pressures and the inadequate supply of skilled medical billers. With our team of highly competent ambulance billers and coders, as well as industry veterans employing advanced technology solutions, we can handle it for you, and you can be confident in knowing that your business is in the best of hands.
With our transparency guarantee, you see what we see. Our medical billing services include 24/7 access to all financial reports, which are clear and comprehensive, allowing you to easily keep track of your facility’s financial health and make the best decisions for your business. Our staff is aware of the rapidly-changing healthcare landscape and stays abreast of the latest industry trends and cutting-edge technologies while remaining fully compliant with all CMS requirements and HIPAA standards and regulations.
Claims Submissions and Follow-Up
Coronis Health utilizes the latest electronic medical billing techniques to ensure the industry’s highest return on investment. Our team will establish EFT with all of your capable insurance carriers to ensure your outstanding claims’ most timely payments. We submit requests electronically every day to Medicare, Medicaid, BCBS, and all commercial carriers. Once your data is received, your account representative checks for errors, makes corrections if necessary, and submits the claims.
At Coronis, we aggressively follow up on all claims with follow-up specialists that call the insurance carrier and patients to deal with outstanding balances. With 100+ years of combined experience in the industry, our experts are ready to help you find customized solutions to meet your practice’s needs.
At Coronis Health, we are so confident in our billing and coding, that we remain 100% transparent with clients. This means you can view your financial reports whenever you want. You will have full and complete access to your billing profiles so you always know where you stand. We provide customized and detailed financial statistics that allow you to measure and trend your financial performance with extreme detail. Our custom reports allow administrators to project cash flow and handle audits with confidence. This helps with creating operating budgets and smart business development cash projections before expanding services.
- Server Security
- Locked data center, access limited to network administrators and backup operators
- Workstation Security
- No user-level accounts
- Can only operate with valid domain authentication
- Data Backups
- Continuous server virtualization to private cloud environment
- Nightly billing database backups and user file backups to 16TB NAS
- Nightly full server backups to local hard drive media
- Weekly full server backups to cloud service with incremental backups
- Nightly imaging of manager workstations
- SSAE 16 Compliant
Our Specialty Focus on EMS Medical Billing
With over 2 decades of experience providing EMS revenue cycle and financial consulting services to the ambulance industry, we are the industry experts in ambulance billing and collections, offering a full spectrum of services, including AR management, ongoing financial performance analysis, and EMS business management services.
- Solid long-term proven track record
- Significant increase in cash collections
- Forensic follow-up on every claim
- Proven ambulance service start-up program
- Total operational management services
- Medicare compliance and documentation training for EMTs and paramedics
We offer ambulance billing and collections expertise for the following EMS service levels:
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Life Support
- Specialty Critical Care
- Roter & Fixed Wing
- Non-emergency BLS