ICD-10-CM: Start Now & Be Ready for Oct. 1, 2014
ICD-10-CM is looming — and you want to be ready. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has been firm about the October 1, 2014 deadline, stating there will be no more delays.
Most community health centers have yet to consider life after this date. Has yours? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have talented staff who could handle the transition, if only they had the support?
- Have you evaluated potential resources to prepare and train staff?
- How well do your providers code ICD-9 — and will this lead to success with ICD-10?
- With whom will you partner to meet the requisite deadlines?
- How and who will update your policies and procedures?
- Assuming successful preparation and launch, what happens after October 1, 2014?