Coronis Health | Behavioral Health
Our extensive investment in our technological systems has set us apart from our competitors. These advantages include:
- Expanded interface ability with all major insurance carriers
- Personalized statistical and financial reports
- Dedicated servers
- Seamless integration for robust billing
- Expanded interface ability with leading EMR technologies
- Compliance with all HIPAA, ICD-10 and government regulations
How EMR Technology can Help your Behavioral Health Facility
Transitioning from paper charts to electronic medical records will benefit both healthcare practitioners and patients. Because of EMR technology, data can be accessed on-demand, potentially saving time, money, and lives. Specifically, these are the ways EMR can help your facility:
- Increased efficiency and productivity – EMRs are more efficient than paper records because they enable a centralized chart management system. This makes “pulling the census” more effortless because providers gain quicker access to patient information from anywhere. Their condition-specific queries are immediately addressed too –whether it’s checking how many times/hours a patient was with a provider, or what condition the patient is being seen or admitted for (e.g., eating disorder, depression, etc.). EMRs also enable better communication between practitioners, insurance providers, diagnostic centers, and pharmacies, because in addition to organizing data, it prevents lost messages and eliminates the need for follow-up calls. Administrative and management processes become better streamlined, integrating scheduling with coding, insurance claims, and other progress notes. All these EMR benefits generate significant time savings, resulting in greater organization and productivity.
- Minimize errors – Paper charts are subject to illegible handwriting and misspellings. While these cannot be entirely avoided, EMRs provide a more systematic way of eliminating some of these inconsistencies and standardizing patient records across the board.
- Compliance – Software vendors that support industry best practices will help your facility meet compliance and regulatory requirements (such as billing compliance). EMRs also provide audit logs that support record reviews. For example, providers need to hit a certain number of hours of treatment/meeting time before they are able to bill. Some try to bill for fewer hours, but they can be audited and get penalized for this. But with an efficient EMR system in place, you can rest assured you will be safe when you get audited down the line.
- Better patient care – Streamlined access to a patient’s records, which are up-to-date, accurate, and thorough means eliminating the need to fill out the same paperwork over and over again. Providers can immediately see which diagnostic tests a patient has had along with the list of treatments that were performed, including which ones worked and which didn’t. In effect, patients are less likely to undergo duplicative testing or procedures. Complete patient information and better coordination among providers lead to more accurate diagnoses, improved management of behavioral health conditions, and better overall patient care, which is your facility’s central focus.
What EMR Software We Recommend
Coronis Health is software agnostic, which means we work with whatever EMR system you choose. For this reason, we do not tend to recommend one system over another. We meet you where you are, working with the EMR system you are already familiar and comfortable with. If you are interested in changing software, we are happy to help you find the best system for your needs and budget.
How Coronis Health Integrates Seamlessly with Your EMR
Coronis Health integrates the technologies and systems we’ve partnered with to provide the best service possible to our clients.
Our billing software works independent of your practice management (PM) system, so there is no need to change your current PM system. However, Coronis Health is well versed in many of the top PM systems if you are looking to upgrade.
The Benefits of EMR Integration
Once your patient records are digitized through EMR integration, you will enjoy the following benefits:
Better access to records – If patient records are available on any computer throughout your facility, that saves providers time from having to move from one floor to another. Regardless of your facility’s size, those valuable minutes could be spent on patient care instead.
Improved analytics – EMR integration is more than switching from paper to digital records. It’s also about keeping an eye on how your organization is running. EMRs allow you to gather analytical data you can use to improve your facility’s operations. Furthermore, your organization’s stakeholders and management team can make better decisions on scheduling, workflow, and supply inventory based on EMR data.
Increased revenue – While EMR integration is a major investment, the money your facility can make through digitizing will more than cover the cost. Specifically, the time saved by providers from having to flip through paper records increases productivity. Fewer errors in coding and documentation also means avoiding rejections and even potentially expensive lawsuits on insurance claims. And when patient care improves, your facility gains a better reputation, leading to more patients choosing you for their behavioral health needs.
Contact the Financial Consultants at Coronis Health Today
At Coronis Health, we believe that behind every successful behavioral health facility is a robust practice management and billing software system.
Our financial consultants will analyze your current system, go over your organization’s objectives and concerns, and then determine the best options for streamlining processes to achieve more efficiency and give your revenue a boost. As an innovation leader, we will work with you to select the best platform for your needs while helping maximize productivity and increasing your bottom line. We can create a process for collecting at the front and back end of the revenue cycle, ensuring efficient collection management.
Our financial consultants are highly experienced with EMR software and when you partner with us, we will execute coding, and then our billing and collections team gets to work. We’re so confident in our billing and coding abilities that we are fully transparent. It means you see what we see. Every spreadsheet and piece of data is yours to look over. We help you navigate through the data to make the best decision for your practice’s financial future.